Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Le Sigh

As you may have noticed, I haven't posted anything in awhile. Well, there's a reason. Well, there's two actually. One, I haven't had any gawd-damned time. Seriously. I'm above and beyond my eyeballs in every manner of science, ethics, law, and statistics imaginable. Well, maybe not imaginable. Even I can imagine more. But you get the idea. So yeah, there's an S-ton of work to do and study and its going about a hundred miles an hour, and frankly, its exhausting. And two, I haven't really had anything to write about. I mean, I could write to you all (haha...like there's enough of you out there to be considered 'all', implying a large number...) about my day and the things I did in class and blah blah blah blah blah. Side note- have you ever noticed that if you write 'blah blah blah' or something similar, you have a cadence in your head of how its going, but it doesn't really translate all that well to the page (read: screen). Sorry. My classes are boring enough as it is without having to tell you about them. My A and P class is like sitting in Charlie Brown's classroom with his teacher droning on in a horrid monotone for two hours about cellular biology and genetics. It is literally mind numbing. I get up during our breaks wondering what hit me. It sure wasn't knowledge or inspiration. Profound lethargy- inducing monotony-derived lecturitis. Thats a new disease I just discovered. In myself. And tomorrow is a double dose before and after lunch. Ugh. Or I could post lots of pictures and ramble on about my cooking which, while I enjoy and find entertaining in my escapades, is neither all that interesting to other people nor really that great in the first place, to really warrant posting about it. Even though I do and I have and I probably will. I have made a crap load of food and have so many leftovers in my fridge because I got excited with recipes last SUnday that some of it will probably have to be thrown out. Or I will gorge myself on it to make sure nothing goes to waste. Ah decisions, decisions. But again, I haven't felt the inspiration to write about any of that recently. I have friends who do it much better, both in writing and execution. Or I could write about my workouts and what I feel Ive been accomplishing through them. I think this one is more plausible only because I feel more of a sense of accomplishment with this, as it is tangible results with instant feedback, which we all know has become a hallmark of our society. I enjoy working out. I get funny looks at 6 am in the college gym working out in the corner, doing something that looks insanely painful, borderline dangerous, and outright crazy. I mean, who pushes themselves to a heaving, gasping, heap on their own that early? Lying in a puddle of their own sweat and muttering that they made that barbell their bitch? I think I scare the synchro swim team and some of the faculty in there, but its a good time. I have been hitting some personal records as of late, which is always a good thing. Though I think I tweaked my back a bit the other day. Oh well. So I don't know. I don't think people really want to read about that. I follow another blog, Anywherefit, that I highly recommend. The guy has some great stuff, especially under the 'Fitness is...' heading. My writing is not profound or deep or anything along those lines. Its just me rambling on about whats happening in my world. Which, by the way, is like an arctic goddamn wasteland as of late. Trying to run outside when you're sweaty and the temp just dropped 20 degrees from when you left the house to when you got to the gym is just ridiculous. And since it dropped 20 degrees, I of course did not bring my jacket, because it was 50 when I left. Grumble. The wind here is retarded. I don't want to talk about it. I dont like it.
So anyway. I set out to determine what not to write about and ended up writing about it all anyway. Well, I guess that is the beauty of it being my blog and all. I get to put whatever I want in there. I will try to be more entertaining, enlightening, and erudite, or something, in the future. Sorry, was going for some more alliteration. I love it. But thats all I got. 415 comes early. And I'm spent. Night peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment